View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Moab 2011 
E4W

Post Moab 2011
Have you ever wanted to wheel Moab? Well if you still have the urge I'll be planning a trip for spring 2011. Yup, I'm going to Moab and am wondering if you'd like to come. If you’re curious, want to find out more, want to sit in on a discussion, or just get a free meal, I will be hosting a planning meeting at my home to discuss what options are available to us as a small group. If you’ve been before but can’t make it this time, I think it would be great if you could make it as your experience would be an asset. I’ll post a date for the meeting soon which will be in the first few weeks of April.

Wayne

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:10 pm
LIOR

Post Re: Moab 2011
I am interested. I can't really make planning meetings since I am in NYC and my Jeep trailer and tow rig are in eastern PA.
I get a lot of vacation time and my wife really wants my in town in the June-August time frame for boating season (since she can't drive our boat) so this would work out.
My tow rig, trailer, and trail rig are in in good shape and should be able to make the trip.
I'm in a '98 TJ on 36s with lockers and a winch.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:47 am
E4W

I will be setting a date in the next month. I will keep you posted. Have we wheeled together before.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:14 pm
LIOR

Maybe - been wheelin in this area since 1999 or so in a green 98 TJ that's evolved over the years. Now its on 36 swampers on beadlocks but that's only about 4 months old, for a long time it was 33 swampers on cheap steel rims.
I tow with a white F-350 but I've only been doing that for a couple years, prior to that I drove the Jeep to the trails. I used to wheel with a big white pit bull but she's too old now and would rather stay home with my wife and the puppy.
For most of the time my Jeep's looked like it is pictured in this link, its the rolled rig:
http://www.liorclub.org/2001trails/para ... on0901.htm

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:51 am
HV4W

I won't be driving out with you guys, but I'm actually thinking of moving to Albuquerque. If I'm there when this happens, I may join you.

Ex-HV4W Officer/Member
Ex-NOVA Vice Chairperson and Trailfest Event Coordinator 2008/2009/2010

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:52 am
LIOR

My wife and members of my family from the west coast will probably want to fly out and meet me there for some hiking, so probably I'd end up driving out there caravan but staying longer than the group.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:06 pm
E4W

I plan on going out for a week of wheeling and then a week with the family as well.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:41 pm
E4W

The Moab trip is on. :banana:

We have a small group leaving April 6th or 7th, 2011. The distance from Hartford is about 2,260 miles and we have an expected travel time 2.5 days. We'll be arriving in Moab sometime over that next weekend and hope to get wheeling right away and continue through Friday April 15th. The next day Easter Jeep Safari will kick off so we wont be out on the trails after Friday. There is a Huge Expo that Saturday in Moab and I will look into how much the entry fee is is you're not registered with the EJS.

All of the trails I've seen that we have access to are on state or national land. That means each rig must be registered and insured.

There are a few small fees for land access, some paid to the state , some paid to private land owners for access through their land. From what I see these fees are nominal, $2 to $5 per day per vehicle.

Camping is in the mid $20's per night for a tent site. We may double up on sites to cut the cost in half

Everyone so far has a different time frame for the return home so for now there is no established plan for a caravan home. If we get more rigs I'm sure that will change.

I'll update you as I know more. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in going or if you've been and have something to share.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:50 am
LIOR

I am still in. I would probably bow out of wheeling for the last couple of days that week and spend that time doing non 4x4 stuff with my family.
Have you picked a campsite? I am pretty flexible but would want a place where I could take a shower.

Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm
E4W

We will be staying at Slickrock campground on the north edge of town. They won't take reservations for next year until February 1st but claim if we call in early February there shouldn't be a problem. Their cabins fill up fast but they have plenty of tent sites.
http://www.slickrockcampground.com/

Fri May 07, 2010 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next